Note: This article applies to Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8. In versions 9 and 10, the option mentioned below is already turned on.
The default setting of Internet Explorer will cause a browser refresh during certain circumstances in HQMS. When exporting a report, the user is stuck in a loop when downloads are allowed. When checking out a document, the checkout will have to be cancelled and the document will need to be checked out again. The problem occurs on the computer when a yellow bar is displayed at the top of the screen that says that Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading files.
To facilitate report exports and checking out documents, a default setting needs to be changed in Internet Explorer. The setting below will clear this up.
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab and click the Custom level button in the lower right.
- Scroll down about a third of the page and look for the Downloads section. ActiveX controls are right above thi
- The first setting is Automatic prompting for file downloads. Set it to Enable.
- Click OK, click Yes, click OK.