- BY Main Content Staff
- POSTED IN Blog
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
One of the critical points that really involves the understanding of a Quality Management System is knowing what exactly ISO is.
A Quality Management System is a software system for businesses that is used to offer services that ensure better organizational effectiveness.
For improvement in performance within a company, considering the current market is what represents the core objective of all successful companies. Each of these companies aims to improve themselves through battling the competition and ensuring financial stability.
ISO 9001 is a standard published back in 1987 by the International Organization for Standardization.
ISO can be identified as the international standard which is used to specify the requirements for a Quality Management System (QMS). Companies worldwide utilize this particular standard for the demonstration of the ability to provide services or products which are supposed to meet the regulatory and the customer requirements. The ISO standard currently being used was released in 2015 and was known as the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
But who makes use of the ISO 9001:2015?
This standard would apply to all organizations regardless of the industry or the size of the company. Multiple organizations around the world have applied the ISO 9001 standard for their Quality Management Systems.
Utilization of the ISO 9001 standard would help companies to:
- Be able to organize their processes efficiently.
- Ensure improvement in the efficiency of their processes.
- Consecutively improve their business processes.
Currently, all companies find themselves transitioning to the standard of ISO 9001:2015 as fast as they can. (Not just the organizations that are utilizing the older version of ISO9001:2008 but all organizations that are under training or certification).
However, companies may wonder what topics the ISO 9001:2015 standards may cover?
The ISO 9001 standard is based on a methodology that documents and reviews the organizational structure, responsibility, and all the procedures that are required for achieving efficient management of quality within an organization.
A specific set of the standards consists of information such as:
- What the company expects for their QMS, which would include recorded information, the planning, and identifying the interactions of processes.
- Management responsibilities.
- Resource management – this would include Human Resource Management and the work environment of the organization.
- The reality of the product – this would include each level from the creation of the product to the delivery of the product.
- The measurement of consistency, the analysis and how the QMS could improve the organization through provided activities the QMS may perform.
Harrington Group International is an organization that offers software and professional services for business process improvement and quality management around the world.
The HGI team has a history of intense focus on quality and has developed a comprehensive set of management and technical processes based on ISO 9001:2015. The consistency achieved through the application of these processes provides the foundation for predictable performance and our reputation for delivering high-quality products, on-time and within budget.
HGI delivers strong short-term operational improvements and reliable long-term financial results through a blend of products and services for:
- Enterprise Quality Management with HQMS.
- Performance Improvement with HGI Consulting services.
- Intelligent Business Decisions with HGI Analytics.
- Better communications with suppliers through the Supplier
- Training through the Harrington Institute.
For businesses on the smaller side, HGI offers:
- Single-user desktop software for Corrective Action.
- Audit Management.
- Document Control.
- Calibration Recall.
- Maintenance Log.
- Training Management.
HGI ensures commitment with our software solutions designed to meet customer needs.