Traditional File Organizing or ERP?
The days for manual paperwork may be over, but there are still certain organizations that utilize physical documents. However, there is a reason for this. Physical documents do have its advantages; why else would companies still be using it?
Traditional file organizing refers to managing and maintaining of physical documents instead of using computer-based storage. Although storing files in a system is the new and advanced way to do things, certain places in physical file storage triumph over electronic based file storage.
When storing files, what is the one thing that companies worry about?
Security is one of the biggest concerns in an organization. All companies make it a point to ensure their data is safe and away from measures that may affect the organization negatively. When a company considers their documents, the physical location and assurance of documents being there give them a sense of security.
Another benefit of using traditional file organization is that the complexity is less than electronic based systems. This means that untrained individuals may be able to pick up the activity in no time, and makes data easily accessible.
Although in these aspects, physical file management may seem right for the company, the drawbacks of this method outweigh the benefits.
When managing physical documents, it may lead to:
- Inability to produce the relevant files on time when required. For the older documents, the time taken would be greater. This would primarily affect the company when it comes to meeting deadlines and conferences.
- Physical files have a higher possibility of getting lost or misplaced. “Where did you put that file I asked for?” This one of the most asked questions in the work-place.
- Placing files in physical storage environments for a greater amount of time could cause files to get ruined and unreadable. Physical files also have a greater chance of negative exposure to natural disasters.
- Editing physically present files could be a hassle. This could especially be a problem for multiple files that have the same problem.
Enterprise Resource Planning is a software used to benefit businesses in productivity by assuring the growth, reduction of cost, and an increase in profits. An ERP is a business process management software that is used to manage a business by automating many office-based functions.
The different functions include; technology, human resource, and services.
The popularity and evolution of ERP began with large-scale manufacturing industries. Expansion began when companies started seeing the efficiency of this method and decided to implement it in their own spaces.
Through the use of ERP systems, industries can automate functions such as Planning, Development, Manufacturing, and Sales.
There are multiple advantages to using this software system including:
- The business insight will be able to grow significantly.
- The operational cost would become lower.
- The collaboration between users would be improved.
- A visible increase in efficiency.
- A smoothly run organization.
With the efficiency of an ERP system, what better way to ensure organizational effectiveness than to automate the functions that can be automated? This can ensure time being saved, and avoid the hassle of correcting human errors.
Harrington Group International (HGI) is a globally recognized organization that provides online qms software solution improvements for companies worldwide. Our ERP solutions has offered our services to over 45,000 satisfied customers and would give only the best products and services for your organization