What is QMS?
Quality Management System simply referred to as using the acronym “QMS” is a set of practices and processes followed by an organization or a business to meet customer requirements consistently by continuously monitoring and improving efficiency.
Customer satisfaction and product, process or service efficiency are achieved by defining the purpose of an organization. ISO9001:2015 is an international standard that is aligned with QMS to achieve this. Every organization that focuses on improving quality defines its standards, goals and purpose based on the outlining in ISO9001:2015. With QMS software, several procedures are implemented to ensure that the products and services meet the customer requirements and the industry and regulatory standards.
QMS is used in a range of industries such as manufacturing, information technology, aerospace, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, food, etc. The below table lists the various QMS standards for several industries.
|Global standard overall including Manufacturing||ISO 9001|
|Aerospace and Defense||AS9100C and AS9100D|
Solutions offered by QMS Software:
Following are several modules that are bundled with QMS software to provide solutions specific to customers, suppliers, meeting industry standards, management and maintenance, products and services.
- Audit Management – Define audit requirements and the standards to be met, schedule and assign audits, track them to completion, log the audit findings and link them for corrective and preventive actions.
- Inspection Management – While audits validate if the organization follows industry standards, inspection management helps to schedule product inspections to check if their quality is good, if there are any deviations, reduce manual inspection processes, etc.
- Training Management – In order for the organization to provide quality products, its employees should be knowledgeable. Training Management helps to plan employees’ training needs based on their current skills, assign training modules, track all the training activities such as online classes, tests, certification, etc. and provide reporting.
- Risk Management – This helps with analysis, categorizing, tracking and documenting various risks in an organization such as quality, customer, non-conformance.
- Project Management – With this module, a centralized environment is provided to view ongoing and closed projects and tasks, the time taken to complete them, ways to improve the efficiency of task completion.
- Change Control – This module helps with eliminating repeated tasks, organize the processes, define a good plan for changes in processes and implement it, assign the change control.
- Opportunities for Improvement – OFI helps the organization to identify any hidden areas to improve the various business practices and processes thereby reducing the operating costs and increasing the quality. This is achieved by utilizing industry standards and checklists.
- Root Cause Analysis – RCA module is used to identify, analyze and fix even the most critical and complex issues and minor problems. Through this, assignees can analyze the root cause of an incident, document the solutions, refer to past issues for a quick resolution.
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) – This helps to manage several issues online at any time from anywhere, identify the corrective actions for an issue and analyze areas to prevent it from occurring again. The actions taken are logged online so that anyone can view them for similar issues in the future.
- Non-conformance – This module helps to find the non-conforming products that are not compliant with the quality standards. Actions can be taken to fix them. If the quality of the products is beyond reach, then they will be dispositioned.
- Calibration Management – Equipment calibration is required to produce quality products. If unnoticed, small problem can lead to a number of severe problems. This module helps to schedule, track and automate calibrations to reduce unwanted costs.
- Customer Management – This provides a customer support and communication system where a customer can raise complaints, provide feedback and surveys. Organizations can interact with the customers to track the issues to closure. It offers an online portal to manage customer information.
- Supplier Management – Similar to customer management, this provides a cloud-based environment to the organization to manage supplier or vendor information, how each supplier performed, their trends, etc.
- Asset Management – Using this, a company can store all the physical and document asset information, equipment information and link them with other modules for easy reference.
- Document Control – Provide a centralized cloud-based environment to access documents from anywhere in the organization for audit, training, cross-reference.
Are you looking for a complete affordable software package to satisfy all your quality management needs? Then HQMS (Harrington Software Quality Control Software) will satisfy you 100%. With HQMS, you will get an excellent dashboard of all the modules listed above additionally you will get several modules to manage meetings, parts, users, contacts, notifications, project coordinators. As HQMS is a cloud-based solution, you can access and link any documents or modules at the comfort of your home with secured authorization. It also offers a reporting feature with which you can view the trends of issues, performance, quality level which in turn helps you to take the organization’s quality to the next level.