- BY admin
- POSTED IN Blog
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Need for Quality Control in Construction:
With the increasing population in several countries, there is an increasing demand for habitats such as individual homes, apartments and commercial buildings. Safety is the prime concern for customers, building contractors, engineers, property owners and suppliers during the construction process. Even if there are minor defects or failures in the construction environment, there will be a huge loss and it will cause a significant delay in the completion of the project because re-construction may be required and subsequent operations will be halted. In the worst-case scenario, these malfunctioning and accidents can even lead to serious physical injuries and fatalities.
Purchasing of building supplies, electricity and other mandatory requirements for the construction process, payments to the contractors and engineers and unforeseen damages and rework are the direct costs involved in a construction business. Out of these, there is a chance to reduce the damage and reconstruction costs by properly formulating a quality plan.
Some customers focus on completing the project in less time with less material budget compromising the quality, while some good clients have high quality as their primary focus and keep aside the cost involved and the time taken for completion. With quality control and quality assurance processes set and executed, there is an opportunity to finish a construction project on time with less operational cost and high graded quality.
Notable Quality Standards for Construction Industry:
Since the need for facilities increases over time, there is huge competition among construction firms. Each firm strives hard to execute an efficient and cost-effective operation that is safe and can sustain for the long term by following industry standards.
Construction firms with ISO certifications can be trusted because they always design the properties conforming to these standards. Some of the ISO standards required in a construction sector are as follows:
- ISO 9001 – this is an international standard followed globally by various industries for quality management. It involves planning, inspection and testing, audits, training, etc.
- ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 – Helps contractors to meet compliance requirements.
- ISO 45001 – For handling and reducing safety incidents.
- There are several ISO standards in a series of ISO/TC such as ISO/TC 98, ISO/TC 167, ISO TC 163, ISO/TC 205, ISO TC/92, etc. to ensure the quality of materials and structures used, energy consumption, handling heavy loads, fire safety, etc.
Quality Control for Construction Industry and its Benefits:
Quality Control monitors how the project quality is managed during the construction process and ensures that the project quality requirement is met. It defines the quality standards and the ways to accomplish them by establishing a framework or a set of quality management procedures. Quality control in the construction field involves compliance with material and workmanship standards according to the defined requirements.
A construction project’s on-time completion depends on several factors such as a proper schedule, reduced rework, soil and weather conditions, etc. Having a quality control software can continuously carry out proper planning of quality checks and coordination and communication of employees, contractors and engineers in the project planning and design phase itself thus meeting the construction material requirements, international standards and design specifications and producing a high-quality end product in less time with reduced or zero tolerance to defects.
A digital quality control plan for the construction industry (QC software) can improve quality assurance in the business. Best construction quality control software can draw the following benefits:
- Risk analysis and mitigation – Contractors and workers can mitigate risk by properly handling all the quality and design specs, executing the drawn processes and communicating the required updates promptly.
- Reduced rework and cost – By conducting regular quality audits according to the inspection checklist and design specifications, one can identify issues at the earlier stage thereby minimizing the rework and additional expenditure.
- Training and qualified professionals – Quality control software provide an environment to categorize the employees according to their expertise, set expectations and provide the required training.
- Improved business – With continuous inspection and correction using QC, customers trust the firm too much and establish long-term relationships. This improves the profit and your business.
- Trend analysis and reporting – A QC software have a document control feature with which all the plans, specs, training and audit information are well logged. You can check the history of your construction projects and defects at any time and generate reports. This will give an idea of your current business status and with opportunities for improvement.
Best Quality Control Software for Construction Industry:
One of the requirements of the best construction quality control software is to adhere to ISO and industry standards. HQMS (Harrington Group International’s enterprise quality management system) is one such product that has several inbuilt applications that follows all the norms and satisfies all your quality assurance needs. We keep our system up-to-date according to changing industry standards and provide service throughout your construction process so that at any stage of the project, quality is not compromised. It is the best system in the global market serving industries such as healthcare, construction, manufacturing and a lot more. We provide continuous support for a long time after the purchase addressing all your queries and enhancing required features.