Be it a software product, products developed and used in Manufacturing, Industry, Healthcare, Aerospace, Pharmaceuticals, Laboratories or an outcome/service such as Lab test result, fixing an issue, quality is much important.
There are a set of lexicons used when we discuss the quality of a product or service. Below are a few. These terms are often mixed and used in the global market.
- Quality – The term ‘Quality’ explains if a product conforms to the defined standards and if it meets the requirements.
- Quality Management – It often refers to drawing a quality plan, defining the quality standards or benchmark, assigning parties to execute the quality plans, setting up meetings to monitor the achievement of the quality metrics.
- Quality Control (QC) – Quality Control tests the product in each stage of development. If any deviations to standards and defects are discovered, they are captured as issues, a root cause analysis will be performed to find out the cause of the problem and resolve it.
- Quality Assurance (QA) – During this process, the assigned personnel refer to the established plans and validates if the product meets the requirements and standards. It ensures that the quality of the product is maintained throughout the development process and defects (identified in QC) are prevented in the end product and the future, by fine-tuning the processes followed.
Software for Quality Control:
Nowadays, in most industries, all the above-mentioned processes are encapsulated in a single system called “Quality Management System (QMS)” to carry out quality control and to ensure quality throughout the development and delivery of a product.
With the help of Quality Management or quality control software, businesses can monitor, maintain and enhance the product’s quality thereby improving the brand value, customer experience and satisfaction.
Now that we understand the various terms related to quality and their basics, you will have a big question “What is software quality control and what does it do?” Software quality control is a set of processes, procedures or activities that are coordinated in a company or an organization to ensure that the software or other products meet the specific quality goals and international standards. Most QMS software is designed based on the requirements of the International Standard Organization’s ISO 9001:2015 standard.
The software for quality control often referred to as a package ‘QMS’ formulate address the following things:
- Documenting the quality manuals
- Defining quality standards and verifying non-conformance
- Quality processes and policies to be followed
- Procedure and Instructions to carry out the processes
- Training and documentation of the quality personnel
- Data and quality management
- Identify issues, find the root cause and resolve it
- Opportunities for improvement of the end product’s quality
- Process assessment to analyze existing processes and modify or improve whenever needed
- Customer management and service
- Reporting the quality trends and history
- Internal, external or remote audit management
- Equipment, supplier and part management including calibration and maintenance
- Incident or event management during defect detection
- Risk assessment
HQMS – A Trusted Quality Control Software:
Harrington Group International has developed a cloud-based HGI Enterprise Quality Management Software System (HQMS) which can be used from anywhere in the world through access control. If you have continuous doubts on “what is software quality control”, just come and visit our HQMS features and you will get a better idea. HQMS is our world-class software that addresses all of your quality-related queries. We have satisfied the international standard ISO 9001:2015 while developing this software, so it is a highly standardized application you can use throughout your product development.
Our QMS software is used across the world in a range of industries including but not limited to healthcare, manufacturing, government, information technology. The benefits of using HQMS is multi-fold:
- Improve your business process hence reduce the development time.
- Corrective and Preventive action of minor and major defects.
- Reduce reuse cost and product wastage.
- Compliance with government, industrial or international standards.
- Good turn-overs.
- Improved brand value.
- Gain customer trust.
Unique Features of HGI QMS:
- Reporting in which you can filter and query a specific quality record from a particular timeframe and generate reports and charts such as Pareto, flexible charting, ageing reports, schedule reports based on your requirement. This reporting service is helpful to verify the quality schedule, analyze the trends and past issues, therefore enables an opportunity for improvement in the future. These reports can be downloaded in the format you need such as Excel, email, text, etc.
- Notification management in which any kind of activity or process updates can be notified to the employees and customers (in case of an incident created by a customer) so that everyone will be on the same page and the incidents will be handled on time.