The Need for Quality Control in Manufacturing:
Quality control is a quality management technique that involves monitoring if a product meets the quality requirements and reporting any deviations. Quality is a crucial subject in the Manufacturing sector because the level of quality of a product is directly proportional to the customer base. The greater the quality, the stronger the customer size and loyalty.
Imagine a product is manufactured with low industry standards or with defective raw materials without proper quality check; The end product may cause defects sooner than expected. This will impact the brand value, which is why quality control is an important part of the manufacturing industry.
Quality control is not just a process to check the value of the end product but a continuous process that monitors the entire production starting from acquiring the raw materials through delivery and beyond. Its main purpose is to identify and fix any defects before the product is delivered to the consumer.
Quality Control Software for the Manufacturing industry:
Quality control software for manufacturing industry is a solution that involves a set of processes to help the business to stick to the industry quality standards of any product and fine-tune the production process by identifying, tracking, and resolving manufacturing-related quality issues. The software also has options to document the issue resolution procedure so that future incidents can be prevented by referring them.
Quality Management vs. Quality Control:
While Quality control refers to the process that validates the product’s quality against the standards, quality management is a superset that refers to the practice of formulating plans, setting standards, and assigning people to handle quality-related activities, etc. We can say that quality control is encompassed within (a part of) Quality management.
Benefits of Using Quality Control Software in the Manufacturing Sector:
Using quality management software can:
- Set compliance standards for various products and services.
- Tracks defects and issues within the company during production. Track deviations from standards.
- Manage product audits.
- Manage employee, supplier, and customer information.
- Risk assessment by referring to the past defects and prevent from reoccurring.
- Logging, tracking, and resolution of customer complaints.
- Document control.
If proper quality control software for manufacturing industry is installed, then the following advantages can be achieved:
- Reducing product or material waste – The resources such as electricity, materials, or end products can be saved from wastage and excess usage from producing defective items.
- Compliance with standards and regulations – Verifying the quality of the end product from each stage of manufacturing to match the government, environmental, or industry regulations ensures that there are no deviations hence no unpleasant surprises at the end.
- Increased customer base – When there are no defects or deviations in the product, and it works as planned, then customers will be delighted with the product, and they will stick to your company for a long time.
- Good reviews and referrals – When customers are happy, they become your brand ambassador. They provide positive feedback and referrals; therefore, new consumers will be attracted.
- Raise in profit – An increase in the number of customers will enhance the selling value of the products, and hence the company’s overall profit will rise significantly.
- Employee engagement – If employees are involved in quality control, they feel engaged and know the importance of a product’s performance; thereby, productivity will be improved.
- Brand value – If quality goods are sold, then your brand will be recognized as a standard brand in the particular arena, say an electronic industry or leather industry, etc. People will buy your products without any second thoughts as the quality always remains up to the mark.
Implementing Quality Control in the Manufacturing Sector:
Before identifying a defect in a product and fixing it, we need to draw certain plans beforehand, such as:
- Define the industry standards for the product.
- Analyze if there are government regulations, restrictions, or laws specific to the product and set a margin.
- Identify the quality control tools or methods to be used.
- Define a plan to conduct inspections and audits of the products in each stage of the manufacturing.
- Identify employees to manage the defined plans. If needed, training should be provided to inexperienced employees.
- Plan a communication medium to identify, track defects.
- Decide on what has to be done if an issue is identified, such as should the production halt while the issue with the current product is fixed, how the repair is done within a short time frame, how to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
HQMS Software for Quality Control and Quality Management:
Harrington Group International proudly presents the HQMS (Harrington Quality Management Software) to improve your product quality by continually identifying, analyzing the various business practices and industry standards. We know how hard it would be to run a manufacturing sector and the numerous challenges faced. So, our HQMS is developed with high standard (compliance to ISO 9001:2015) that ensures the company performance is improved, product defects are reduced, business processes are streamlined, and resources are saved in addition to enhancing the product’s grade.
Our HQMS uses the CAPA process to identify the root cause of a defect, implement corrective actions effectively. It is a cloud-based platform that has access-controlled logins with which authorized users can log and view the defects and the corrective actions for future use. A proper communication channel is set up with which the customers raising the complaint and the person handling it can get updates about every stage of the issue resolution.
Thanks to this one-stop solution for manufacturing quality control that more than 50% of the leading manufacturers around the world have benefited from using HQMS to improve productivity.