- BY Main Content Staff
- POSTED IN Software
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
The Importance Of QMS Security
Information and data is an asset to a company. It is what’s essential for an organization’s productivity and hence needs to be continuously protected.
Security of information refers to the preservation of data confidentiality, availability, and integrity. In addition to these factors, data security also involves other properties including authenticity, accountability, reliability, and non-repudiation.
The security of data within a company is a factor that continually puts a company at risk. The element of data security is what irks all companies to implement any possible security measures to be taken to ensure that their company data is safe from the wrong hands.
Systems that are unprotected from many different types of vulnerabilities are put at risk on a daily basis by companies. These vulnerabilities could include computer-assisted fraud, sabotages, hacking, manipulated data, viruses, or DOS attacks. These threats could be internal, external, accidental, or malicious acts. Information breaches would allow critical data to be accessed by unauthorized individuals, stolen, corrupted, or even cause data to be lost. For all companies to ensure that their data is safe, it is vital to implement the relevant procedures to provide information security.
When implementing any new software in a company, ensuring that the company data is secure should be the priority. Once software security has been implemented, the other procedures can follow.
When a company seeks to implement a system such as a Quality Management System in the firm, security becomes a massive part since this particular software would manage nearly all company data.
But how much do you know about what a Quality Management System is and what it is used for?
The term “Quality Management System” can be broken down into different parts:
- Quality: This refers to the degree to which a set of specific characteristics are required to fulfill a set of requirements.
- Management: This refers to the specific set of activities that are coordinated for the directing and controlling of an organization.
- System: This refers to a set of elements that are interrelated or interacting.
Thereby, the Quality Management System itself can be defined as a management system that is used for the directing and controlling of an organization concerning quality.
Although software developers have taken multiple security approaches, there is still a significant portion of information security incidents that occur on a daily basis that is far beyond technological controls.
For specifically “Quality Management Systems,” certain factors can be taken into consideration for security management implementation and involve:
- Reviewing the Quality Management System model and extracting all the core elements to identify the places that require special attention.
- Implementing and evaluating an information security management system model and then combining it with the core elements of the relevant Quality Management System model.
- Review the new model and diagnose all possible aspects of the new security implementation model for the system.
- Combining and implementation of the new model.
Harrington Group International is an organization that provides software solutions to companies worldwide to ensure that companies receive the business process improvements they require for organizational effectiveness. HGI ensures that all company information managed by our software will be processed, controlled, monitored, configured, and secured for optimal performance to ensure organizational effectiveness.